Sunday, December 21, 2014

Assassination of Two NYPD Officers

Hi guys,

As some of you may also know, there was an assassination (as it is used in the news) of two policemen by Ismaaiyl Brinsley. I found this internet site which says 5 facts you need to know about him. I think this subject itself is related to our class since it is thought that he killed them for Michael Brown and Eric Garner, however what I've seen in that site was more related to our subject.

http://heavy.com/news/2014/12/ismail-brinsley-nypd-brooklyn-bed-stuy-shooting-suspect/

the fourth fact is that he speaks Arabic. It reminds me the attitude towards Arab-Americans and Arabs after 9/11 and it shows that how that attitude is still alive.

What do you think?

Killing someone could never be justified by saying "it was a vengeance" and I think if the attacks on policemen increases, attacks on the racially different people will also increase. I'm afraid, it is what is going to be though...

-Ezgi ULUSOY

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you Ezgi that you don't respond to violence and hate with violence and hate.

    ReplyDelete